Sharing food with friends and family has always been one of my favorite things. I have many childhood memories of our house filled with friends and everyone’s bellies filled with lots and lots of great food! Now that I’m an adult I still love to pack our sweet little house with lots of friends, and fill up their tummies with food while they fill up my heart with love.
Friendship. Deep meaningful friendship is such an important thing in life. I am thankful everyday for the many friendships in our lives. We are rich beyond measure because of the friends we have.
A big pot of this soup certainly doesn’t hurt ones chances of making and keeping friends. Get that pot ready, and then get ready to talk, laugh, cry, dream and devour some deliciousness with your closest friends.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t thyme
- 1 t ground mustard
- salt and pepper
- 6 T flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6-8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups cooked and chopped chicken
- In a large pot on medium heat melt the butter
- Add onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms, garlic, garlic powder, thyme, ground mustard, and salt and pepper. Saute for a few minutes.
- Then add the flour. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the white wine. Let the alcohol cook out for about a minute, and then add in your vegetable broth, wild rice, and chicken.
- Bring it to a boil, and then lower heat to low, and simmer covered for about 40 minutes.
So simple, and delicious, and worth sharing.