Can I get an Amen for muffins? Seriously, these amazing vessels of goodness can be made in about a million and one different ways. I just have to say I love that. You can build your muffins out of what ever ingredient you have in your kitchen, they can be super tiny muffins, or extra large muffins. And, do you want to know the best part? We call them muffins so they are healthier than cupcakes.
In this recipe I combine oats, bananas, and I even use some coconut oil in replacement of the typical butter. See I told you they are healthier. Honestly I have a sweet sweet daughter with a dairy allergy. So, I actually cook a lot with alternative products. For these muffins I used coconut milk, instead of whole milk also. If you are more into the dairy products please feel free to use butter, and milk I personally love cooking with them myself.
Can I just tell you all how difficult taking the pictures for these amazing muffins proved to be? It was very very difficult. I love a piping hot baked good straight out of the oven. The smell that fills the kitchen just gets my appetite going for the delicious delicacy that is about to be in my tummy. I have no patience in waiting for this goodness. However, I was very professional about this baking session, and quickly took the needed pictures for the blog, so that I could then still eat a wonderfully warm muffin.
Makes 18 regular sized muffins
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup oats (save a small amount for topping)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325, and grease your muffin tin.
- In a bowl mix coconut oil, sugar, eggs, bananas, vanilla and milk.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture, and then fold in walnuts.
- Fill each muffin tin about 1/2 of the way full. Sprinkle the tops with a small pinch of oats.
- Bake muffins 22-25 minutes. Then cool on a wire rack. (If you can wait that long, I never can.)
Enjoy, and share everyone!