We eat a lot of bananas in our house. Until of course we don’t. This always happens when I decide to buy a bunch of bananas, because it seems like my kids are eating them everyday. Once I do this my kids will inevitably stop eating bananas. I think its some law in the universe. When this happens I have a solution, banana pancakes.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup bran
- 2 T sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 T melted butter
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- banana slices, walnuts, and syrup for optional toppings
- Combine flour, bran, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a different bowl combine egg, milk, butter, vanilla and bananas.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, and stir in walnuts.
- Ladle desired size of pancake onto a greased griddle. Cook on medium heat for a couple minutes each side.
- Top with toppings and enjoy.
Victory over mushy bananas never tasted so sweet!