The flavor of curry makes me so very happy. The layers and dimensions to this amazing spice combination is perfect to pair with spicy savory foods and even with something sweet.
Whenever I use this spice I like to keep my recipes simple. That way the deep flavor of curry can shine through. This chicken salad is simple, quick, refreshing, and delicious. Perfect for a healthy lunch, a lovely picnic by the beach, or a fantastic side dish to share at a BBQ.
You can easily switch the chicken salad up, by using any kind of fruit, nuts, and cheese combination your sweet heart desires. Get to the kitchen and begin to create your masterpiece.
- 2 lbs cooked and diced chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, diced.
- 1/2 cup shredded white sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 3 T curry powder
- 2 -3 T honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine chicken, cashews, apple, and cheddar. I love to cook extra chicken early on in the week, that way I can just quickly have leftovers to whip up this tasty treat.
- In a separate bowl combine, mayo, yogurt, curry powder, and honey.
- Pour sauce into chicken bowl, and stir to combine. Enjoy with crackers, over lettuce, on a sandwich, or simply with a fork.