Hot summer nights are just awesome. However, they seem to go by extremely fast. One minute your enjoying the colorful sunset at 9pm, and then the next minute its time for the kids to go back to school.
I don’t actually write my blog posts until my kids have all been tucked into their beds. So, tonight I sit here with my windows open and a beautiful summer moon is looming directly over my computer screen. It’s very serine. We only have two weeks left before school starts here, and this perfect, and peaceful, and hot summer night has me longing for at least one more month. Alas, I can not change time but I can make this delicious meal to help me savor the moment of summer.
I love how warm and gooey the quesadilla is, paired with the fresh coolness of the salsa. I make this salsa for lots of different meals including fish (fish and peach salsa love each other), chicken, and good ol’ tortilla chips.
- 1.5 lbs of steak (we used ribeye, you can use whatever steak you would like)
- 2 T steak seasoning
- 4 large peaches diced and peeled
- 2 T diced jalapeño
- 3 T diced red onion
- 2 T finely chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1/2 t chili lime seasoning
- package of flour tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese
- crumbled cotija cheese
- chopped green onions
- 1 sliced bell pepper
- sliced avocado for topping
- Rub your steak seasoning all over your steak, and then grill it. We cook ours at medium high for 5-7 minutes per side. I understand cooking steak a certain way is a personal choice, feel free to cook it just the way you like it.
- Prepare the salsa while you let the steaks rest for 5 minutes after grilling them. Combine peaches, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, and chili lime seasoning in a bowl.
- Slice steak. On 1/2 side of large flour tortilla put the steak, cheese, green onions, and bell peppers and fold over. Grill until cheese melts, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Top with salsa, extra cheese, green onions, and avocado.
Enjoy the last few weeks of summer everyone.