This sandwich is perfect in every way. Every bite is bursting with flavor combinations that will make your mouth happy. Three different types of meat get crispy from being toasted in the oven, and a homemade olive tapenade that is downright worthy to top anything, will satisfy any appetite.
One of the best parts about this Hot Italian Sandwich, is that my Hot Irish Husband created it.
- Olive tapenade ( 1/4 cup chopped Italian castelvetrano green olives, 1/2 cup chopped black olives, 1 T minced garlic, 1 T Italian parsley, 2 t olive oil)
- Portobello mushroom sliced
- Tomato sliced
- 4 oz package of prosciutto
- 4 oz package of capocolla
- Sliced salami
- Sliced smoked mozzarella
- Sliced and lightly toasted ciabatta bread
- Mix olive tapenade ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Turn oven broiler on high. Top ciabatta bread with toppings.
- Broil on high for 3-4 minutes keeping a close eye on it so you do not burn all that deliciousness.
Serve with some refreshing Italian sodas, and sit back on the deck and enjoy the moment.