This is very close to heaven on a plate. I’m sure of it. The deep satisfying flavor of the slow cooked beef, the subtle spice of horseradish and pepperchinis, the sweetness of carmelized onions, and the richness of the au jus dripping down your arm is just the moment you need to taste a little slice of heaven.
Happily serves 6 with the likelyhood of leftovers.
- 3 lbs beef roast or London broil
- 1 package Lipton onion dip mix
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 T fresh minced Rosemary
- 3 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 t pepper
- Carmelized onions
- Place beef, onion seasoning, tomatoes, Rosemary, Worcestershire, balsamic, broth and pepper in crockpot. Stir to combine. Cook on low 6-8 hours, or high 4-6 hours.
- Remove meat from crockpot and shred. Return to pot and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Toast rolls and build sandwiches with the carmelized onions, pepperchinis, and horseradish. Serve with a bowl of au jus, and dip away.