- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 4T olive oil
- 4T red wine vinegar
- 1/2 t basil
- 1/2 t oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 cup chopped and pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, in a large bowl mix together oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- To take a little of the harsh flavor of the red onion, you can choose to place them in an ice bath. After 10 minutes drain and dice them.
- Drain pasta, and then rinse with cold water until pasta is cool. Put pasta in seasoning bowl, and gently mix in spinach, tomatoes, olives, onion and cheese.
I recently shared this at a very intimate close friend potluck, as we celebrated our dear friends before they move clear across the country from us. I am thankful for friendships that become family. Thanks for the beautiful memories together❤️